Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Chili
Live eat and die by the slow cooker. This slow cooker chicken enchilada chili is a mouth full of flavor. Like any slow cooker recipe, chop up your ingredients, throw them in the slow cooker, check back in 4-8 hours. HIGH protein. 400 calories, 15 g fat, 23g carb, 42 g protein.
- Slow coocker (3-6 quarts)
- Chefs Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 Medium Yellow bell pepper washed and diced
- 10 stalks Green onions Green tops only, granigh
- 15 oz Black bean, canned Drained and rinsed
- 1 5 oz Corn, Yellow, canned Drained
- 5 oz Green chilis, canned
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Natural Shredded cheese if you did not buy pre-shredded cheese.
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix one full packet of premade seasoning
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce, Red, Homemade
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, Plain, Nonfat Topping.
- 1 ½ lbs Chicken Breast Skin and fat Removed Before Cooking
Prep Slow Cooker Ingredients.
- Set up: Go ahead and get your crockpot out and on your counter. Set it to low heat. Because you'll be preparing raw meat start by preparing all of your vegetables before handling any raw meat.
- Step one: Wash and dice the bell pepper. Add to mixing bowl and set aside. Wash and chop the green onions again add to (DIFFERENT)mixing bowl and set aside.
- Step two: Open the can of beans, corn, green chilies and red enchilada sauce. Drain and rinse the can of beans and the can of corn. Measure out 10 ounces of enchilada sauce and leave the green chilies in their can with juices. Set the cans side and prepare the chicken.
- Step three: Start by removing any excess fat or skin off of the chicken breast. Diced chicken breast into 1 inch cubes. Clean and disinfect the surface area where are you prepared the raw meat. Set aside in mixing bowl for later.
- Step four: your crockpot should have been heating this whole time. If not that's not a big deal. Go ahead and spray your crockpot with nonstick spray. Add in your chicken breast, Bell peppers, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, and Green chilies. Leave the cheese, green onion, and Greek yogurt off to the side.
- Step five: Each serving should be 323 g or about 1 to 2 cups of Slowcooker chicken enchilada chili. To each serving at 1-2 oz or cheese plus greek yogurt and top with green onions.