High Protein Mac & Cheese
High protein mac and cheese recipe swap
- Stove top
- Chef knife
- 254 grams Barilla, Penne Protein + Can use Boonza or any lentil, chickpea pasta
- 150 grams 0% fat Greek yogurt PLAIN!
- 95 grams Medium cheddar cheese Shredded
- 40 grams Kraft, Pizza, Mozzarella & Parmesan
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole egg
- 2 whole chicken breast ~350 grams
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1.25 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash Salit and pepper
- start by preparing the two chicken breasts. Horizontally cut each chicken breast in half. Using the mallet we each half of the chicken until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare an egg bath by adding one egg to a bowl, add flower to a second bowl and finally add panko bread crumbs to a third and seperate bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the flour than the egg than the Panko to create a breading.
- Grill a chicken breast on medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- COOK THE PASTA FOR JUST ONE TO TWO MINUTES UNDER WHAT THE BOX RECOMMENDS. THE BOX TYPICALLY RECOMMENDS 8 TO 10 MINUTES. Stir regularly
- Turn the burner off and drain the water.Put the pasta back in the pot that you used to cook it in.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and the Parmesan and mozzarella mix to pasta. Make sure that is all graded evenly. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add in all seasonings and Greek yogurt mix thoroughly.
- Sliced grilled breaded chicken breast into 1 inch slices and top mac & cheese with chicken.
Nutrition: Calories: 470 Protein: 42 g Fat: 13 g Carb:46 g Fiber: 5 g Each serving ~ 300 grams